INTRODUCTIONS: Who are you & why are you here? :)

Hello World,

My name is Tony. I am a GEEK of all trades, master of none :nerd_face:. For the past 25 years, I have enjoyed using and building tech.

In the late 90’s, on into the 2k, I volunteered my time at the local ARC chapter and our county FD. I was an EMT-A and taught every class the ARC offered to the community. I later got my amateur radio license and have spent some time with our county Sheriff DCS team, all the more learning. For the past 5 years, I have volunteered my time helping both businesses and households to have a disaster plan that includes a comm plan. I have even built a few emergency radio and repeater kits (both Part 97 and Part 90).

When goTenna v1 came out, I thought this was great, but if only it could relay. We were excited to hear about the goTenna Mesh and immediately ordered several on Kickstarter for each member of my team. I have already set up a permanent node at my home, and now I am eager to set up a MOAN and at the same time, we are keeping our eye on the goTenna Pro.

Tony (W1LMS)

4 Likes