Looking for Mesh users in Puerto Rico or USVIs

Cross-posting:

http://community.gotennamesh.com/t/donate-gotenna-mesh-to-the-puerto-rico-reconnects-project-gotenna-will-match-1-1/984

1 Like

“It’s been 11 weeks since category 4 Hurricane Maria ripped through Puerto Rico, where today 32 percent of the island still is without power, 7 percent is without access to water, 24 percent of cell sites are down, and 909 people remain in shelters, according to the government metric tracking website, status.pr.”

http://baystatebanner.com/news/2017/dec/08/senators-call-investment-rebuilding-puerto-rico/

3 Likes

Gotenna mesh should be the “extended bluetooth standard” for burst data communication independent of the internet. It would be very pratical to have a mesh point in every Tesla powerwall as standard equipment.

3 Likes

Anyone know if the mesh units I am seeing on imeshyou are actually still active in PR? Particularly in the San Juan / Old San Juan area?

3 Likes

Are you continue to work on this project?

Saludos,

Necesitamos crear una red de goTenna en Puerto Rico. Tengo una vision de poder promover este sistema en Puerto Rico.

2 Likes

My name is Gloryma Nazario from Canovanas, Puerto Rico. I bought 2 nodes on July 2018, and I’m having them prepared for a future emergency. If you, or others in the Community needs help in an emergency, you can contact me with the GID 1787 4578 627 or by @Gloriana_1969 in Twitter. I’m available to colaborate in Search and Rescue, Permaculture as well as in other areas for Preppers and emergency situations. Glad to help.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Puede contar conmigo en una emergencia. Lo tengo como Nodo, pero cuando surja un evento futuro, ya tengo los medios para colocarlo como repetidor (Relay).

2 Likes

Saludos compre un par de set pero como que no se conecta.

Saludos!!! Quienes estan activos hoy en Puerto Rico que puedan informar como esta funcionando sus sistemas? Vivo en Bayamon y estoy considerando comprar 4 unidades para mi famila y dejar uno como relay. Espero escuchar de ustedes. Ahora mas que nunca debemos apoyarnos en la isla. DLB!!!