Mesh 5.0 is here!

I would wait for quite a while. It can take a long time.

ok. and it doesnt require internet to receive the update? How dos it accomplish this?

Ok i found the progress bar

Yeah it took me around 40 mins per mesh device to do the firmware upgrade.

Was support able to help you with your device? I have one device that did the same thing.

What about devices that are using google’s Family Link. I can load apps to my kids devices via my account. but technically they have there own google ID.

Hi,

I am just received my first goTennas today - South Africa - and started to pair and upload the firmware to my first (green) device. I charged it and left it with my Android phone to complete the upgrade. When I returned there was an firmware update error. When I switch it on the light glows white for a bit (1-2 seconds) then starts blinking (about 3/4 times a second)

I can not pair with the device any more and don’t know how to proceed.

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Hello! Per community guidelines, I’ll help you out in our DM.

1 Like

I have to say, I am highly disappointed in Gotenna for charging a subscription for 6 hop functionality. I would have purchased several more units in the last month, but 3 hops is entirely non-competitive and doesn’t meet my needs. Instead of having a unit on my roof, one in my pocket, one in my office, and units with my wife and both kids… I’m backing off. Paying an annual subscription for an occasionally-used product… especially per device, doesn’t make sense.

I understand the allure to building a recurring revenue stream, but you are hurting the development and network effect of pervasive devices with any sufficient density here. You’re at a point now where an increasing number of people are getting frustrated that they can rarely reach anyone, and you charge for more hops? Nuts. Short-sighted, and certainly causes me to retreat from support of your company and concept.

4 Likes

Hello all!

Let me know how you solved the problem with removing the device from DFU mode? My unit whis black strap is stuck on upgrading to 1.18 and is now blinking fast. Unfortunately, I not have an iPhone to check the recommendations from this forum. My phone whis Android 9. App version 5.0.2.

I have already reported the problem to VirginiagoTenna and am waiting for an answer. What recommendations sent to you to solve this problem? Share please…

Hi. I just got four gotenna mesh and I am having the same firmware failure and subsequent inability to pair for one of the devices. Please could you provide a fix.

Hello! Question to support team.
Could it be possible to provide an update via usb for such cases?

In spite of the recommendations I recieved, I could not get the device out of DFU mode.

Hello! The support service could not help me! I’m very disappointed((

They’re on vacation til tomorrow!

@Posman, @wardgregory please post the error message from the USB serial console as there are several possible reasons for this error. Search for the words DFU and bootloader with a window of 2 lines (grep -2)

Good luck!

Hi,

I’m so sorry for the delay. I just shot you a note via support to see if we can help get this resolved for you!

Regards,
Brad

1 Like

Hi! Just shot you a DM to help get you up and running!

-Brad

1 Like

Hello! Do I need to install an application? which OS?

Hello! I installed the usb console on the phone and connected the gotenna. What command to send for log output?

I agree max hops shouldn’t be by charging a subscription for it. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth on the direction of where gotenna will go.

It also seems messed up that non-subscription devices get used to support the subscriptions but get less features. Members are paying to keep devices online and allowing cellphone tower usage on their cell plan. Maybe I’m wrong with this understanding but I don’t how it cost GoTenna to use devices for features and it’s costing members. Maybe charge a couple dollars to upgrade after a couple years or something to enable new features.

The command to toggle log output is log.

A question mark by itself ? returns the list of supported commands.