Need goTenna Mesh product support? I am here to help!

Hi Rahul, I wanted to check in to see if there are any new updates in regards to the iOS lock screen notification sound problem that I’m experiencing?

We still have an open bug for this and it’s on the roadmap! Thanks for following up!

Sweet! Thanks for your reply!!

General question… What are some good intro-level howto videos for goTenna Mesh users and enthusiasts?

I’m not sure what exists on youtube but I love the idea of making Mesh tutorial videos. If you’re interested in a user manual, let me know.

I got 72+ hrs with a 2200 ah battery. I am using it with 1 DMR [Dedicated Stationary relay] solar station. 3 days with the panels covered .

I use adafruit solar lipo charging board. It powers the load if the aux battery isn’t charged or low charge.

Hello,
we are interested in purchasing 10 pc’s for airsoft events but I need some clarification regarding location sharing:

• is it possible for every team member to see all the members on map?
  • what is the granularity for location update?
  • is the location update sent automatically or it needs to be requested?
  • can we create 2 private groups each with 5 members without interference ?
  • can we change the tx/rx channel manually?
  • is there a way to add a custom map to the app? if we customize a section of a map in google maps, we will be able to import it in the app?
  • if the units are connected to phones, the relay (mesh) functionality will be disabled?

Thank you!
Seba

Hi Seba, I’m happy to help!

is it possible for every team member to see all the members on map?

If users share their location with you, you’ll be able to see them, as they update on the map.

what is the granularity for location update?

Within the goTenna App you have street level or topographic level maps. With the street level maps, you’ll have a clear image of where the user is on the map.

is the location update sent automatically or it needs to be requested?

If you’re using goTenna Plus, you can set up automatic location sharing. This allows you, and other in your group, to send location updates at your desired cadence. If you’re not using goTenna Plus, you can automatically allow location requests. This means, any person who’d like a location update can receive it without needing your ad-hoc approval. Each time they’d like a location update, they simply need to request it.

can we create 2 private groups each with 5 members without interference ?

Yes.

can we change the tx/rx channel manually?

No, goTenna Mesh with autotune to the proper frequencies based on where you’re using it.

is there a way to add a custom map to the app? if we customize a section of a map in google maps, we will be able to import it in the app?

You’re able to use the maps already provided within the goTenna App.

if the units are connected to phones, the relay (mesh) functionality will be disabled?

No, the mesh function is not disabled. goTenna Mesh with automatically and anonymously relay messages when paired to a smart phone. It will also relay messages when set in the dedicated relay mode (not paired).

Where do I find the nodes GID ID for the map

You can find your GID within the goTenna App.

1. Open the Side Menu.
  2. Select ‘Settings’.
  3. Select ‘Profile’.
  4. You can then view your GID.