NYC Sandy-impacted small businesses are getting goTenna Mesh devices! (RISE-NYC grant program)

My understanding is that if the app runs it’s background service in the taskbar Android will stop killing the service. If I remember correctly you had to elevate the process pre 8.0 and 8.0+ you start it in the taskbar. Why doesn’t the app do this? I haven’t addressed that with my app either so I would loved to know if there is a good reason not to do this. @Rahul_Subramany

Can’t wait to set up our new mesh relays at the App Partner office! Thank you goTenna!

2 Likes

This is Louie, just got involved, and so far, this is great for me and the company! We work in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, and this will be a great tool for us. I’m with Lights Up, a great lighting company!!

2 Likes

Hi from BLDG 77 of the Navy Yard! LightsUp just got our batch of goTennas! Ready to test them with all this concrete and steel— wonderful. Thanks Danielle!

2 Likes

Brooklyn Roasting getting all our units

2 Likes

This is what 91 devices look like! Welcome @BRC to the NYC Mesh Network! They will have devices in each of their 9 posts across the city.

6 Likes

Wow! That’s a whole lotta mesh! :spider_web:

2 Likes

Waterfront Kitchens is online and has received the gotenna mesh devices!

2 Likes

Erie Basin is participating!

2 Likes

Hey it’s Victoria from Realty Collective just got our devices! woot woot!

1 Like

Hi this George from East Market Diner. We just got our devices.

1 Like

Glad to be a part of the goTenna mesh network to support community resiliency.

1 Like

TS contracting is on the network

2 Likes

BioLite is now meshed!

2 Likes

Red Hook Food Corp has revived their device.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Things have still been moving fast here at goTenna as we are wrapping up distribution for our second delivery order of 1,000 devices for Phase 1 of the RISE program. We were lucky to be able to partner with the DUMBO BID for our third tech session.

We were excited to have @App_Partner, @OneGirlC00kies, +3 other DUMBO companies in attendance that are now part of the NYC Mesh Network.

More to come from HQ regarding the distribution of 4,000 devices for Phase 1 of the RISE:NYC program.

2 Likes

La Newyorkina has it’s Mesh devices

1 Like

Apex has its devices

1 Like

Lavada has received gotenna devices.

1 Like

Finally, we have beautiful weather in NYC! We are making the most of it here at goTenna.

Whether by train, bus, car, or bike - devices are getting delivered to small businesses across the city. Happy Tuesday, enjoy the sun! :hugs::sunny:

2 Likes