Project MOAN: Mother of All Nodes

What part of Canada?

1 Like

Hello @nic_carter I am more than happy to help you! Shoot me a PM.

1 Like

Ok that is totally awesome! I am getting in touch with them ASAP to maybe get help with doing what I want to do. @ShootAnyAngle youā€™re ALWAYS bringing great ideas to the able! I must say good show old boy!

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I took the summer off. Because a skydiving instructor in April and since then Iā€™ve been doing a lot of jumping. However now the fall is here and I am free to focus on my other passion: Radio. So I am back. What did I miss?

3 Likes

No jumping through the winter to stay current? :snowflake::dash::persevere:

1 Like

Iā€™ve done MANY winter jumps. Hell I got to land snow in early April! I have to jump once every 180 days to stay current so I am sure Iā€™ll be fine. Will have tons more time to do more amazing things with GoTenna!

2 Likes

Do you guys need +4 devices for your Experiments ?
Iā€™ve found no use for me in Europeā€¦ So will gladly sell them for an affordable priceā€¦ letā€™s sayā€¦ 280$ for 4 units. I am going to visit Phoenix, AZ in the beginning of November, so feel free to ask.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer however I have enough units to play with.

Great interview today with @gua742 for In The Mesh that I want to share!

https://inthemesh.com/archive/the-ambassador-working-to-make-seattle-the-mother-of-all-mesh-networks/

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Seattle also. I am down around Pioneer Square and I am trying to get a signal up to Madison Valley and down into Rainier Valley. I am on the 8th floor of my building and was thinking we could use a couple other buildings. Whatā€™s the ability to utilize these with a harddrive to house and serve information, videos, ebooks, and music to allow others access to on the mesh network? I think having survival and first aid informational beacons to seek out in an emergency would be dope. Anyways, hit me up! Looking forward to playing around and building and tinkering. I have the old GoTennas also. Unsure what use they could be but I have some older phones and solar panels and anker batteries and I think that we could use the bluetooth and the phones on airplane mode to keep these things going for awhileā€¦ Iā€™d love someone to pull my coat and get me hip to whatā€™s possible. Iā€™m all in and I love what youā€™ve already accomplished. Sorry to be somewhat late to the party.

2 Likes

Anything is possible with the goTenna SDKā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been sending public messages out on the relay and nobody replies. Is anyone able to receive them???

Do you have an updated how to or build list on your newest build? Or will you ? I would love to build one of these or a couple and get them around my area

3 Likes

keep an eye out for those low cost solar converters, I have managed to blow them out a few times :wink:

Definitely worth investing in a good one!

Really nice setup

Have you gotten the instructions written out or any video shot? I got my units in and I am ready to start my build.

1 Like

Do you have any photos of how you modified the goTenna, solder points and such?

Did you get the correct solder points? Will you share them with us? Thanks!

Did you ever get a reply on your request for build information?

Was this successful?

can you help me with some issues I am having with this? I am trying to achieve this but am struggling.