Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina

Setting up a regional group for fellow meshers in Raleigh, Durham, RTP area. I’m working on a big field test in Umstead State Park either this month or next and I’d really like for anyone local to join up.

Please send a shout out here!

Hey Santiago,

I’m a Raleigh mesher. Interested to hear details of the field test. Will participate if I can.

Hiya Keihin,

I’m still working out the details but I’m happy you’re interested. I’m still working on a date for this experiment.

Will a facebook group be the best way to keep in touch, or just on the forums?

S

While it’s up to you all, we created the regional category on these forums so people can more easily discover each other here. We have found that lots of our users don’t have Facebook accounts and so that way we don’t leave anti-social media people out of the loop :slight_smile:

And we thank you for that.

The forum works for me. With the targeted e-mail summaries working as notifications, it’s pretty good at getting my attention. And I’m on FB as well, if we go that direction.

I’m definitely game for keeping the Regional Group communications to this forum. I don’t use Facebook much and I think this connects with more like minded folks.

So far the Umstead Park event is on hold until weather cooperates. I have a few friends willing to volunteer for this and a few spare gotenna’s to allow folks to borrow. The more the merrier.

Once I get a good idea on a date I’ll be sure to post it here as soon as possible. If you or anyone ever happen to be traveling downtown Raleigh I keep my device running most weekdays. Send a shout. I’ll try to respond of I can. :slight_smile: