Sydney, NSW, Australia

I have just set up today in North Strathfield. Planning on having a relay node up and running by tonight (the location approximate only as my mouse skills were pretty bad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). If there are any other GoTenna Mesh users in Sydney please take time to add your mesh nodes on the map.

Number of posted mesh points in Greater Sydney to date (31 Jan 18):

Stationary Relays: 2

Mt Kuring Gai
North Strathfield

Area Nodes: 16

Allambie Heights
Asquith
Botany
Breakfast Point
Dulwich Hill
East Ryde
Haberfield
Hornsby Heights
Lidcombe
Little Bay (2)
Marrickville
Pymble
Randwick
Ryde
Sydney City

When I can I come visit? I am serious.

I don’t have a Gotenna yet but I’m pretty keen to set stationary relays and nodes. Which model should I go for here in Sydney/Australia? Got a position fairly high for the relay as well

Since I’m at it, can the Gotennas around Sydney currently connect, or do they have to be much closer? What sort of range is realistic here?

If I put one on (say) the 11th floor of somewhere around Surry Hills, Waterloo facing the city and Randwick - would the one in Pyrmont, would they be able to use that one as a relay?

goTenna Mesh is the only one licensed for use in Australia: https://gotenna.com/pages/mesh

Currently the spread of fixed nodes and mobile users is thin so they are not linking as a net. Location will be everything I suspect: if a group of users in a well frequented area such as Sydney CBD start to mesh it would likely spread because success will bring success.

So if setting up more users in the CBD or other such area as a first stage of a city wide net is essential.

It’s Mesh that gets me excited anyway - like I want to get tons and set them up in various positions - if only the Mother of All Nodes (MOAN project) were something lazy people like me could get off-the-shelf!

Awesome - can the same GoTenna Mesh units be used when travelling e.g. between Australia/USA etc? i.e. will they auto-adjust frequencies etc as needed?

goTenna Mesh will auto-tune to the region you travel to. You’ll be able to use them when traveling!