USB SDK for hardware integration

As noted elsewhere by @tcolligan:

2 Likes

Any updates on the SDK?

1 Like

+1. Beta testers waiting.

1 Like

Ping? Any updates on availability of the USB SDK? Or wire protocol specs so we can make up our own?

The USB SDK is presently in Beta for Pro users. Mesh isn’t too far behind…

2 Likes

In fact…

We’re excited to announce our Beta trial for our upcoming iOS, Android, and Python SDK. We need a few dedicated testers to jump into the SDK, put it through its paces, and provide us with feedback on the experience. If you’re interested in testing this release, please complete this form. We’ll be reviewing submissions and selecting testers this week.

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this!!!
I filled out the form.
Gottenna + Raspberry PI Zero W = awesome

Edit: I have a fresh new PI zero w on it’s way for this project.

EDIT2: First projet WiFi to Gotenna bridge!

2 Likes

Hoping for USB SDK soon. RPI zero W in hand.

1 Like

Hey all! Has anyone looked into various tech to bridge gotenna with other IP methods using embedded? I was hoping to create a simple gateway that could employ a variety of IP failover technologies from Iridium SBD modems to cellular IoT, terrestrial IP, and maybe some amateur radio support for digital modes. Anyone else interested?

2 Likes

I’m not a ham, but I know incorporation of ham modes would be both well received by the ham community and would tend to best universalize the potential for growing mesh networks.

Has anyone been invited to the USB SDK beta yet?

Just chiming in, It would be great to hear about the progress of the USB SDK!

I’m looking forward to getting my hands on it, as I’d like to build a goTenna Node-Red Node (nodered.org).

2 Likes

Hi All
Just wanted to pass along a long overdue update. We’re in the final stages of preparing the SDK for release and I expect that the Android and USB SDK updates will be available later next week. We’re finalizing the iOS timeline but that will be coming soon–more updates to come.

Thanks for your patience…we’re looking forward to seeing what you build!

8 Likes

@MikeR Will the USB SDK this week be a beta or public release?

(Per @giqcass’s question above, not sure if anyone has been invited to the beta yet?)

@giqcass the USB release will be public.

4 Likes

Sweet! My RPI is waiting!

2 Likes

Will the usb sdk provide for scripted peroidic reboots since there’s no power restore after outage without physical access to the button? I’m hoping we can prevent or reduce lockups by rebooting every now and again. @MikeR

When this topic was previously dealt with at length, there was an initial hope a firmware update could solve it. It was later determined that a hardware change with the switch was needed to accomplish this.

I’m not sure you can reboot a GTM without cycling the power, which presents a bit of a Catch 22 if that’s the problem you’re trying to solve.

If the new SDK has some special mojo to overcome these obstacles, that would be great, but I suspect it won’t.

2 Likes

Exactly! My hope was there might be a warm reboot command to obviate cold power on. Fingers crossed.

Do you happen to know if there was ever a hw rev 3 yet?